It’s a brilliant game founded in Israel in the 1960’s. Anyone, of any age, size, or athletic ability can play and have the same chance to win as anyone else in the pit. A player can win a game one minute, and the very next game, that same player might be the first one out.
Ga-Ga is basically dodgeball in a confined area.
A typical game lasts just about 5 minutes (depending on how many players are in etc.) and keeps people watching the game even when out.
Players are getting exercise without even realizing it.
Yes Ga-Ga is a fun game, but it is also much more than that.
- develops multiple physical skills and abilities.
- is a fast-paced, high energy game with a quick turn-over to keep everyone active.
- gets lots of children involved.
- is easy to learn and anyone can win.
- develops strategic thinking.
- develops agility, jumping, striking and dodging skills.
- develops hand-eye coordination while keeping children active.
- skills learned translate to many other sports e.g. dodging—netball, football and soccer
- And best of all—The Pit can hold an entire class or an entire Staff—if you’re game!
All that is needed to play is an available, open, firm, flat surfaced area and a playground ball (once you have a pit of course).